Chicago’s Alternative Learning Program
Feel valued. Respected. Confident. Independent. Successful.
Feel proud of what you accomplished and hopeful about your future.
Have time for family, friends, work and school.
Get another chance to succeed in high school so you can succeed after you graduate.
Ombudsman’s alternative learning program, part of the Chicago Public Schools Option Schools program, helps students get back on track to graduate, or even return from dropping out, and prepare them to make positive choices about college, a career – about life – after high school.
Ombudsman CPS Option School Program
- Convenient morning and afternoon sessions Monday-Friday so you don’t have to choose between life and school.
- Teachers who care about where you want to go in the future, not what you did in the past.
- A quiet place to learn in a small setting – no distractions, no drama.
- The chance to love learning and to graduate on time.
- Internships, job shadowing and relationships with adults who want to help you explore options for life after high school.
- Emotional support to develop positive relationships with family, friends, co-workers and others.
Alt Ed On A Flexible Schedule
Because we offer flexible schedules, students who have adult responsibilities don’t have to choose between life and school. Convenient morning and afternoon sessions allow time for family and work.
How to Enroll
CPS will refer eligible students who are enrolled in a district school to an Ombudsman Option School program, or interested students and family members can contact Ombudsman directly to begin the enrollment process. Request a call for more information or enroll now.